ISTA Lifetime Achievement Award
The ISTA Board of Directors is extremely pleased to recognize Dr. Harry A. McKellop, Ph.D., one of the world’s most prolific researchers in the field of orthopaedic surgery, as the 2019 recipient of the ISTA Lifetime Achievement Award.
Award Paper Categories
ISTA awards will be presented to recipients in various categories. HAP Paul and Young Investigator Award applicants should have submitted their full manuscript to ISTA by Wednesday May 1, 2019 at 11:59pm HST (UTC-10:00). Awards will be presented to winners at the Gala Dinner on Friday October 4, 2019.
HAP Paul Award
USD $5,000 and Lifetime ISTA Membership
This award is given to submissions describing original contributions to the science and technology of arthroplasty. The award is given in honor of Howard A. “HAP” Paul, DVM, who was one of the charter members of ISTA and a tireless clinician-researcher pioneering advances in arthroplasty and surgical robotics. In addition to the award, a special extended presentation will be scheduled in a plenary session to allow the winner to present their work from the podium.
Young Investigator Award
This award will be presented to the young investigator who submits the best paper on research related to the field of arthroplasty. A special extended presentation will be scheduled in a plenary session to allow the winner to present their work from the podium.
- The applicant must be the principal creator of the work presented.
- The supervisor of applicants applying for this award must supply a written confirmation of status of the first author and the contribution of the applicant and any co-authors to the work presented. This information will be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This award is reserved for : 1. Surgical trainees (i.e. medical students, residents or orthopedic fellows) who have not graduated as of October 4th, 2019, and 2. Researchers who completed their academic training ( PhD or other postgraduate degree) after October 4th, 2016 or who are still in training.
Award Application Guidelines
- HAP Paul and Young Investigator Award applicants must have submitted both their full paper and abstract separately by Wednesday May 1, 2019 at 11:59pm HST (UTC-10:00).
- All award paper submissions must not be published or under review for publication in any journal.
- Award paper applicants and award paper recipients are under no obligation to submit their work for publication in any journal.