Award Paper Categories
HAP Paul Award
USD $5,000 and Lifetime ISTA Membership
This award is given to submissions describing original contributions to the science and technology of arthroplasty. The award is given in honor of Howard A. “HAP” Paul, DVM, who was one of the charter members of ISTA and a tireless clinician-researcher pioneering advances in arthroplasty and surgical robotics. In addition to the award, a special extended presentation will be scheduled in a plenary session to allow the winner to present their work from the podium.
Early Career Award
This award will be presented to the best paper on research related to the field of arthroplasty. A special extended presentation will be scheduled in a plenary session to allow the winner to present their work from the podium.
- The applicant must be the principal creator of the work presented.
- The supervisor of applicants applying for this award must supply a written confirmation of status of the first author and the contribution of the applicant and any co-authors to the work presented. This information will be submitted to email@example.com.
- To be eligible for this award, applicants must be enrolled in a formal course of training in Engineering, Science or Medicine (or other field of study related to Technology in Arthroplasty) at an accredited educational institution (e.g. PhD, MD), or will have graduated from such a program within 2 years of the date of the Annual Meeting.
Award Application Guidelines
- HAP Paul and Early Career Award applicants must have submitted both their full paper and abstract separately by Friday April 24, 2020 at 11:59pm HST (UTC-10:00).
- All award paper submissions must not be published or under review for publication in any journal.
- Award paper applicants and award paper recipients are under no obligation to submit their work for publication in any journal.