ISTA is announcing an exciting new Spring event, Emerging Technologies in Arthroplasty™ (ETA). This event will be held on Saturday May 15, 2021 and will focus on technology that has left the research labs and started its translational journey to clinical practice.
We invite abstracts from clinicians, industry, researchers and engineers who have created or enabled technology relating to orthopaedic surgery that is in the process of being translated or has started to change practice.
Abstracts will be accepted in two formats, reflecting the translational nature of the event. Please choose the format that best suits your translational stage.
- Research format: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions.
- Pitch format: Problem, Solution, Market, Product, Timescales, Funding.
In addition to submitted papers, the ISTA ETA event will include keynote speakers from leaders in the field who have good and bad experience bringing new technology to market. Delegates will get to learn from their experience and learn how to:
- Overcome regulatory challenges
- Find financing for new ventures
- Deal with the inevitable setbacks that accompany translation of technology from the bench to the bedside.
The abstract submission portal is now open and the submission deadline is Friday March 5th, 2021 at 11:59pm HST (UTC-10:00).
- Abstract body may be no more than 500 words.
- Up to 3 figures may be attached.
- ISTA membership is not required to submit abstracts.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Submissions may be edited until the abstract submission deadline.
Registration will be open soon.