ISTA 2022: The 33rd International Congress
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
August 31 – September 3, 2022
TECHNOLOGY BEYOND THE IMPLANT:
The Future in Arthroplasty
The 33rd Congress of the International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty has now been moved forward to August 21 – September 3, 2022. In order to be convenient for ISTA’s important constituencies from Asia and Australia, an accessible and convenient location in Hawaii has been selected at the Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa in Maui, Hawaii, USA. Extremely favorable room rates have been secured (one of the few beneficial effects of the pandemic), and convenient flights are available from virtually everywhere in the world.
As the first in-person International Congress for ISTA after the pause dictated by the world-wide pandemic, it will be an extraordinary opportunity to gather and discuss the many new developments in technologies related to arthroplasty. Some have been driven by the exigencies imposed by the recent crisis. The focus will be on “Technology Beyond the Implant” and include presentations on:
- Outpatient arthroplasty – new technologies and best practices
- Technologies to increase efficiency through AI-powered documentation of surgery and clinic
- Wearable and Smartphone technologies for patient engagement, instruction, and monitoring
- AI-driven patient instruction to engage patients in rehab, and optimize patient expectations of outcomes
- Remote monitoring of patient recovery and rehabilitation providing real-time team notification of deviations requiring clinical attention
- Instrumented and smart implants for validation and improvement of implant design and surgical technique
- Advances in robotics and smart instruments for accuracy and time/cost savings
- Automated collection and aggregation of patient and implant data to validate performance of implants and techniques
- New technologies to decrease cost and empower delivery of arthroplasty to underserved communities around the world
Please remember to save the dates (August 31 – September 3, 2022) for this important meeting. Look for information coming soon for abstract submission, reservations, and sponsorship opportunities. This promises to be a cost-effective opportunity to forge and renew international collaborations with colleagues working at the leading edge of technology from across the globe.
ISTA has become the unique forum where surgeons, scientists, engineers, and industry representatives from around the world have joined together since 1988 to advance the state-of-the-art in arthroplasty. Please come and meet with us in that great collaboration and add your influence and effort to move our discipline forward. Help bring the benefits of restored motion and quality of life to ever greater numbers of our world community.
Hani Haider, PhD and Kevin Garvin, MD
Co-Chairs, 33rd Annual Congress – ISTA, 2022